Eid is just around the corner and we’re all on a lookout for delicious easy to make recipes for Eid Trolley! Here, I’ve got you covered. Caramel tarts can be made as 2 x 20cm or 12 x 8cm or 30 mini tarts – good to go for 10 to 15 people, will save you from last-minute preparations for guests and will add zest to your routine Eid servings!
The best part is, this scrumptious tart is a power pack of nutrients and a great deal to regain energy after a month of fasting. It goes well as a sweet dish after lunch or dinner as well as with evening tea. So what are you waiting for, roll up your sleeves and get going!
Prep Ingredients for Caramel Tart:
Ingredients for *Pate sablee or sweet pastry dough
- 250g plain flour sifted
- 200g butter, cut in small pieces and softened
- 100g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
Ingredients For Soft caramel
- 60g water
- 200g sugar
- 80g butter
- 150g cream
For Nuts Topping:
- 50g almonds
- 50g pistachio
- 50g walnuts
- 50g peanuts
Preparation of Sweet dough:
- In a clean bowl put butter, flour, sugar and salt,
- With your fingertips, mix the butter with sugar and flour, then add egg yolks and gently rub it until you have a homogenous dough, Don’t try to knead it, it will make pastry shells hard.
- Roll into a ball and flatten it with your palm. Wrap it in cling film and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For best result keep it for 2 hours.
Making the tart shells.
- Cut the baking paper of 20cm if making big tarts or pie or cut according to your mould size.
- For small size tarts, you don’t need to line the moulds.
- Just spray the cupcake tray with cooking spray or brush them with melted butter.
- Take out your cold dough, divide it in equal proportion.
- Sprinkle some flour on your workbench or countertop.
- Roll each piece of dough to a thickness of 2cm.
- Line the moulds and prick the dough with a fork.
- Put the moulds in the fridge for 1 hour at least
Baking the tart shells
Preheat oven to 160c and blind bake for 10- 15 minutes or until golden brown.
*mini tarts will take 7-10 minutes depending on your oven temperature. It’s always a good idea to bake a small one to see the performance of your oven. Never bake a big batch at first trial.
When shells are
Making the Soft Caramel
- Roast all the nuts and leave them on the counter.
- Cut the butter in cubes and keep it on the counter.
- In a small saucepan pour the cream and heat it gently on slow heat. We don’t want to boil it but want to keep it hot until the caramel is done.
- In other saucepan heat the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved, bring to a boil , keep cooking to a light caramel (if you like strong flavour or colour then you can cook too little darker Carmel )
- Stop the caramel from cooking by adding butter, whisk it well then add the hot cream and whisk it.
- Add nuts and cook 5 minutes then remove from heat and keep it on the kitchen counter.
***Be careful it’s really hot almost 170C, will burn you badly. Baking with your kids standing next to you can be dangerous. Don’t try to taste it at this stage.
Assembly of the Caramel Tarts:
Pour the caramel into baked tarts shells, for small shells you can use a spoon to fill them for big one just pour carefully into tart shells. Leave them to set.
Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes or more if you don’t have patience like me or want to enjoy it quickly.
Try this delicious recipe and serve your family and friends with love! This is going to put your culinary fame to another level.
If there’s anything you would like to know further, please write to us at email@example.com. Happy Baking & Enjoy your Eid ❤