If you’re craving for a crisp, juicy and easy to go recipe, here I’ve got you covered. This is not a full course but can be a great addition to your menu. This purely goes with rice, be it fried or simply boiled, Chicken with Tamarind Sauce will leave you craving for more!
Let’s get started with it ingredients first.
Ingredients for Chicken Marination:
- 1/2 kg chicken, boneless, cubes
- 1/2 cup cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whole purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 teaspoon white/black pepper
- Oil for frying
*If you like thick coating on chicken, you can add 1 egg and make a batter to fry the chicken.
Try Our Editor’s Pick of the Week: Plum Chicken Gravy
Preparations For Tamarind Sauce:
- 4 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons sugar (preferably light brown), skip it for dietary restrictions
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce or salt
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Red/Green chilies chopped or to taste
- 1/3 cup water
Get Started with Chicken and Tamarind Sauce
- Chicken: In a big bowl, add cornstarch, whole flour, salt and pepper. Mix well, then add chicken and mix, so chicken is well coated. In a wok or deep pan add enough oil for frying. When oil starts to sizzle, add chicken and deep fry until golden brown. Remove on a paper towel and keep aside.
- Tamarind Sauce: In another clean wok, fry the garlic and chili for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Then add tamarind, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and water. Cook till it thickens. Taste to adjust the seasoning. Then add fried chicken and mix it well. Remove from the heat and garnish with some green onion or chilies.
Serve it hot with rice or savor as a whole meal. You’ll love its sweet and sour taste with freshly cooked rice and sprinkled veggies.
Have anything to add? Feel free to share in the comments below. We’ll be more than happy to assist you further.