In the scorching heat and sun of the extended summers, we often avoid full meals and crave for something light on stomach yet full in nutrition. Here’s one of the best salad recipes – Pomelo/Grapefruit Salad that you can enjoy while consuming sizable amount of minerals, vitamins, and proteins altogether.
The best part of this recipe is, it is easily alterable according to your taste. If you’re allergic to peanuts, you can easily replace it with your favorite nuts like hazel nut, cashew nuts etc.
For now, the recipe is for two people, you can easily double the recipe for 4 or more people. Now before we get into more detail, let’s get rolling!
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 grapefruit (cut into bite-size cubes )
- 4 pieces of Prawns (De-veined), cooked and headless but tail attached.
- 1 chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons of peanuts, roasted
- 2 tablespoons of coconut (toasted in the pan without any oil)
Garnishing preps for the Pomelo/Grapefruit Salad
- 2 stem coriander leaves.
- 1 tablespoon deep fried shallot or onions.
- 4 red chilies fried and de-seeded, cut in small pieces.
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce or light soy sauce or to taste.
- 1 tablespoons tamarind pulp.
- 1 lemon/lime juice for juice.
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or white /brown sugar or to taste.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or sesame seeds oil or cooking oil.
- 1 pinch chili flakes or to taste.
- Salt to taste.
Preparation of Salad Dressing:
- Prepare salad dressing by mixing all dressing ingredients in a bowl, taste the seasoning and adjust according to your taste .
- Add chicken and cooked prawns into the salad dressing, mix well.
- Add grapefruit pieces and mix gently.
- Add peanuts and coconut in the bowl.
- Mix everything gently and garnish.
Tip: Mix shallots with rice flour before deep fry to make them crisp.
I hope you’ll love it because it is one of the rarest salad recipes you will find around prawns, chicken and citrus fruits. Also, you get enough room to demonstrate your culinary skills if you feel any need for alterations.
Have anything to add? Feel free to share it in the comments below.