From now, forget ordering Thai Food and get ready to make your own Thai Green Curry at home. With all its bursting flavor and indulging aroma, this classic dish will take you all the way to Thailand.
The best part is, this delicious and easy-to-prepare Thai Green Curry with chicken in rich coconut curry sauce will just consume 30 mins and turns out to be the best fix for quick lunch or dinner calls.
This tried and tested authentic recipe below is best for 4 servings, you may double the quantity to make it for 8 to 10 people.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (more or less) Green curry paste
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 can coconut milk
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100 g green egg plants
- 100g color pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 8 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped palm sugar or white sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves or 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
Green Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh galangal
- 2 lemon peels / Kaffir lime zest
- 3 shallots coarsely chopped
- 1 stem lemon grass, pale purple section only, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander roots and stems
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 long fresh green chilies
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or sea salt flakes
To make the green curry paste, place the chilli, fresh coriander roots and stems, galangal (Ginger), shallots, garlic, lemongrass, lemon zest, shrimp paste, coriander seed, pepper, cumin, turmeric and salt in a bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped and well combined.
Try our top drinks: 5 easy-to-make drinks you would love at Iftar!
Place the coconut cream in a wok or pot over medium-high heat. Bring to boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until oil almost separates. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the chicken, lime leaves and coconut milk and stir to combine. Reduce heat to cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce thickens slightly. Add the beans and baby corn (or vegetables of your choice) for 2 minutes or until they are tender.
Add the fish sauce, palm sugar, half the basil and half the coriander to the curry mixture and stir until well combined. Remove from the heat.
Spoon the chicken green curry in serving bowl or bowls and Top with the remaining basil and coriander and serve with steamed rice.
EXPERT CHEF TIP:
*If you want more green
** You can also use any vegetables you like. You can find all the ingredients at a local supermarket.
And guess what? We tried this in-house and loved it to the core! If you have any problem finding the right product or ingredients, share it in the comments, we will guide you with the best alternatives possible.
Stay tuned for our ‘Kitchen Management Tips‘ at newsinstore.pk!